Saturday, August 23, 2014

Shabby Chic Decor Tips and Reviews

I love the shabby chic look, and do every room in my house with Shabby chic white furniture for a cottage decor look. Okay, so I have been shopping around lately for a new dresser and found several options online. These have to meet my criteria however, which include...

--A creamy or soft white look - no shocking hospital white here. The piece of furniture that I choose for my boudour must "set the mood" subtlety with it's softness. This will make my rooms warm and inviting and still give that clean and fresh feeling that white furniture gives to a room.

--If not a pure white then an ivory or antique white. It has to be close enough in color to my other furniture that it will look nice and be a welcome fit.

--Not too wide. I do not have room in my bedroom for a long dresser, something taller that takes up less floor space this time around.

--Not too gobby. Yep, believe it or not some of the shabby chic style furniture out there looks too gobby to me. I want something clean an nice looking with a touch of class. Elegant - that is what I am looking for in a piece.

-With or without appliques of carvings. This is not so important to me as it used to be. I used to have appliques on every piece, not so much anymore. As I said, it can be over done.

-Mush have vintage style glass knobs. This is still a must for me as it gives the feel and look that I am looking for.

Sadly, in my shopping around I have found that most white dressers, night stands, book cases, chairs, and other furnishings that are white are sold as children's furniture. Alas, it is difficult to find a great looking headboard or bed frame  in the shabby chic style that is any bigger than a full because the assumption is that adults want something wood colored and do not want white furniture. But more and more people who are looking for a vintage, shabby, or cottage style decor are turning to white furnishings and I wish bed makers would realize this and provide beds in king's and Queens for those of us who do our decor in white.

So what bout you? Have you also found it difficult to find white furnishings for the bedroom for adults? If you have found any great resources please share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment